Saturday, October 20, 2007

Stockings4Soldiers Update

I have heard from my friend J who is leading the Stockings4Soldiers care package project. The first set of non-local ATCs have arrived, from Florida. She says they are great, but that some sequins fell off the cards while in transit.

I made another batch today, bringing my personal count up to 246 completed and ready to ship. I have no idea how many cards to expect from my Internet announcement, so I wanted to make sure that I was doing my part.

Another friend, Margaret, is contributing in a similar vein. She took card stock to be die cut into either a mitten or a Christmas Light, each about the size of a child's hand. Her Brownie troop members each wrote a message and took a set of cards to their school classrooms and collected messages. I took one packet from her and have shared it around my middle school MathCounts class, my own daughter's Brownie troop, and families at the homeschool roller skating event. I'll need another bag from her next week for my son's Boy Scout troop and friends at our church.

If you have made some ATCs for soldiers, send me a link and I'll post it here. My ATCs list this blog address, so I hope that some soldiers stop by.

My blank cards for all 714 soldiers are already to be stocking-stuffed. I hope that a few soldiers find ATCs to be a creative outlet, either trading on online swaps or just amongst themselves.

Again, if you wish to participate, please send cards by October 26th (give or take a day) to this address:

Stockings For Soldiers
1948 Washington Ave SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403 USA

We cannot promise that any soldiers will send something back - this is a gift of art.

Thank you for your consideration.

No comments: