Saturday, October 14, 2006

ATC 40 - Page 1

[1 2 3]
[4 5 6]
[7 8 9]
Numbering will always be top to bottom, left to right.
The cards are in plastic sleeves.
There will be a bit of a tilt to avoid flash reflection.
As always, clicking on a photo will show a larger view.

Ganoush made my first card. While I was crafting, I explained about the trading idea, so she made one for me as I worked on backgrounds.

A contrabass clarinet player made the second card, demonstrating Huygen's principle. I looked it up on Google and decided not to pursue it.

The third card was made during the Scottish event. A young friend sat with me during my shift at the schoolhouse. He was eager to make a trade and started drawing on site. He used my watercolor pencils and the blender brush, which he enjoyed using. He told me that he used to make pottery and would take pieces to art fairs to trade with other vendors.

The fourth card is a dragon, Welsh, perhaps? Also drawn on site at the fest, by a piper friend.

Card Five is from one of the homeschool teachers. She has done projects for on-street sculpture decoration and guides cancer patients through art therapy. She loved the ATC idea and was eager to take part. The other teachers were curious and open to the idea, but haven't yet returned a card.

Card Six if from my aunt and uncle, my dad's older brother. He has been a rock hound and a tatter for much more than forty years. When we would visit, he would always have his rock tumbler going in the garage. He would make jewelry from the rocks. Someone asked if his tatting was needles or shuttles. I don't know, but I'll find out. My uncle is in poor health and is under hospice care. Goof, he may not make it to Thanksgiving.

They gave us a matted doily for our wedding. Having another small piece, especially under these circumstances, is a treasure.

Cards Seven, Eight, Nine are from a friend at BigCo, where I worked for eleven years before my layoff in 2001. That was when she started an interest in rubber stamping and now she is quite the card artist.

No comments: