Sunday, November 18, 2007

Missed Saturday - Explanation Sunday

I was trying to achieve NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month - less intense than writing a 50,000 word novel in November) but fell short. I'll keep posting, however. My DH explains why I missed:

I sent Heidi a link to a story, and clicking it cause three help windows to pop up as well as the site. They couldn't be closed by ordinary means, so I nuked Firefox from the task manager (the desktop box being a Windows installation). After that, we heard the tell-tale clicks of application after application being opened in the background. Turns out that about a hundred little help windows were starting, but not showing up on the desktop. Panic is sometimes appropriate, so I hit the hardware reset and started over. So during blog time, the machine was undergoing a thorough virus scan (which it does regularly anyway), and a scrub from Spybot. All seems well now. You may return to your normal lives.

Now for the more interesting part. Gonzo has latched onto dice stacking. He saw a video of it last night, and has in the intervening 20 hours managed to teach himself to stack three dice reliably, and occasionally four dice. I am impressed, and very happy that he's developed an interest in a juggling trick -- as a juggler, I can actually help him with that.

No comments: