Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stockings4Soldiers Page 8

Cards made for Stockings4Soldiers, a service project for Iowa National Guard soldiers in Kosovo or Iraq. Most cards are one of a series of 10.

After the initial count of 715 cards, the generosity swelled and the finial count was 754 recipients. So I had to make more cards. Well, I didn't *have* to , but I did.

The star card was from a previous batch. The rest were all collaged on November 7th.

Card 1: Paint and Crayola Stamper marker leaf. All Stamper highlights were added after cutting the sheet of cards into singles.

Card 2: Smeared purple paint, leaf stamped with ink, leaf Stamper marker. (I'm still not getting the layered collage look I so admire. More practice...)

Card 3: Just squiggles in wet paint. A Paste Paper look without the paste.

Card 4: Random leaf stamps, variety of ink colors. Little leaf Stamper.

Card 5: Multiple monoprinting transfers among sheets, using paint in red, green, gold glitter, and silver glitter. Text SPARKLESHINE added on singles using the 12-letter stamper from Oriental Trading.

Card 6: Buzz Lightyear foam paint stamps for room decor - bought a while ago at Big Hardware. ZOOM ZOOM GO with my 12-letter stamp.

Card 7: Paper punches from a previous batch

Card 8: Insect foam paint stamps from Pooh and from a generic Michael's collection. Butterfly and ladybug Stampers added on singles.

Card 9: Larger foam paint gecko stamp.

No comments: